Wednesday 12 May 2010

A whale of a time...


I found the illustration work of Ryan Fowler through his etsy shop, Native Vermont. A Master of Fine Art from the Rhode Island School of Design, he now lives and works with his ceramicist wife in Chicago.

I am totally enraptured with his work, and especially love his collage pieces - scans of his original paintings, pieced onto lovely chunky canvases and hand finished with painted backgrounds and detail... I love the idea of getting something individual, touched by hand (not just a print) but at an affordable price.

His work calls to mind both
Charlie Harper, and Eric Carle whose work I also adore, and I am totally taken with both images above...

I think
the whale is just beautiful, it's quiet eeriness and knowing look. The two crows, in the forest, sharing the heart made of leaves completely has me - it may be because I have just moved in with my love, but I can't help but think what a perfect home-warming or engagement gift it would make... I know I for one am itching to purchase one for us!!

Please do be sure to stop by Ryan's wonderful store where I am sure you will all find some beautiful work of art to fall in love with...

Abigail@abigail*ryan

No comments: