Wednesday 19 May 2010

Leafy Loveliness...

Browsing the archives of Ryan's new favourite blog, "Design Fetish" I saw these gorgeously whimsical cable ties by design firm "Lufdesign".

Adding a touch of humour, and the most subtly gorgeous suggestion of nature taking over that most modern of things- the spaghetti tangle of wires that threatens to overwhelm our computer desks and TV cabinets- each cable tie neatens the tangle whilst turning it in to something beautiful...a twisting winding branch.

Gosh, I really couldn't love them more!

Abigail@abigail*ryan


p.s. Don't forget to enter our Giveaway to win a set of lovely a*r teatowels!

3 comments:

Emily Boyd said...

Spooky! I blogged these just the other day! Aren't they lovely :)

Have you seen these?

http://www.artatheart.co.uk/artatheart/2010/03/bird-cable-clips.html

I like the idea of making a feature of something unsightly :) x

abigail*ryan said...

Ha! What a coincidence, emily!

I saw those other cable tidies on the same blog...another fantastic idea- such a clever, witty design!

Just had a wee read of your blog- good luck with the macaron adventure! Abi loves them, so we've been considering buying that wee book...would you recommend it?

Don't forget to enter our giveaway!

Emily Boyd said...

I love them too. Unfortunately I haven't got the book yet, but I have a great recipe that was in Delicious a couple of months ago which I am more than happy to type out for you and Abi :) It's the most reliable I've used so far, especially as even if they don't look right they still taste good!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it :)