Saturday 3 August 2013

Pooch and Mutt Dog Treats...


It's long been a slightly embarrassing aspect of my personality, that I am a huge sucker for good packaging. Like a moth to a flame, I will gravitate towards lovely font, gorgeous illustration, matt finishes, embossed text, foiling, the works. Right there, and then, I am pretty much sold. There doesn't need to be any more conversation. I believe if people care enough to put their product in good packaging, the product will be good. Right or wrong, (and I haven't been, yet) that's my mantra.

So, today we were making our regular pilgrimage to Pets at Home for dog food and some treats for Angus and Hamish, the hungry wee things, and imagine my surprise when I spotted these *gorgeous* tubes...

They turned out to be the new range of dog biscuits by Pooch and Mutt, whom I hadn't come across before, and, as it turned out, the contents are every bit as appealing as the packaging! Ethical (they won an Ethical Award!), Made in the UK, Natural, Low Calorie, Gluten-Free, Hand-Baked and with the tag-line 'approx 150 ways to bond with your dog" I was sold on these little bone shaped biscuits!

I bought two flavours today: the Puppy Development ones, which have chicken, linseed and chicory to help cognitive development in growing Hamish. The Omega3 oils should help him develop concentration as we're training him! He loves them, and has already scoffed a few. For Angus (and Hamish in a few weeks) I chose the Calm & Relaxed ones... he's been a little stressed lately, with the addition of his little brother, and all the frenetic play time, so I thought the lamb and chamomile combination would soothe his nerves, and also Hamish, when Angus needs a little rest. He really enjoyed these ones, and he's a pretty fussy customer.

My mother in law bought the Active Mobility ones for their King Charles Spaniel, Sonny, who is pretty old now and a little creaky... so I'm sure he will enjoy those, too.

Angus and Hamish scampering around after their Pooch and Mutt treats...
It's nice to know you're feeding something to your pooches that is tailored to their needs (we love them, so of course we want the best for them!), which are tasty and they manage look great on the counter, I had been decanting until now. It's a winning situation for everyone. I really couldn't keep these lovely treats, and their fabulous packaging design to myself, as I know a lot of our friends and readers have pups, too...

Hope you all pick up some of these soon, we would highly recommend them!

Abigail @ abigail*ryan

p.s. Angus is currently collapsed asleep at Ryan's feet after eating a few relaxing treats. Happy coincidence? Hmm, I wonder. ;)

No comments: